HDD SAS 600GB 2.5″
- Capacity: 600GB
- Speed: 10,000RPM
- Interface Types: SAS Serial Attached SCSI
- Form Factor: 2.5inx15mm SFF Server Drive
Ideal for NAS, SAN and DAS external enterprise storage solutions.
Seagate® Enterprise Performance 10K HDD drives provide high performance, high capacity data storage for a variety of systems including engineering workstations, network servers, mainframes, and supercomputers. The Serial Attached SCSI interface is designed to meet next-generation computing demands for performance, scalability, flexibility and high-density storage requirements.
The Advanced Caching functionality (available on 512E/4Kn only) provides improved performance over standard HDDs in real-world workloads. This improvement is due to the addition of a solid state component that caches “hot” data for reads as well as protects write data via non-volatile cache (NVC).
Seagate Enterprise Performance 10K HDD drives are random access storage devices designed to support the Serial Attached SCSI Protocol as described in the ANSI specifications, this document, and the SAS Interface Manual (part number 100293071) which describes the general interface characteristics of this drive. Seagate Enterprise Performance 10K HDD drives are classified as intelligent peripherals and provide level 2 conformance (highest level) with the ANSI SCSI-1 standard. The SAS connectors, cables and electrical interface are compatible with Serial ATA (SATA), giving future users the choice of populating their systems with either SAS or SATA hard disk drives. This allows integrators to continue to leverage existing investment in SCSI while gaining a 12Gb/s serial data transfer rate.
• 10.5K RPM spindle. Average latency = 2.9ms
• 1200MB/s maximum instantaneous data transfers.
• Adaptive seek velocity; improved seek performance
• Background processing of queue
• Firmware-controlled multisegmented cache designed to dynamically adjust segments for enhanced system performance
• Supports start and stop commands (spindle stops spinning)
- Mission-critical servers and external storage arrays
- Power- and space-constrained data centres
- Green IT and drive-retirement cost reduction initiatives
- Compliance or data security initiatives
- Migration from 3.5 inch drive systems to next-generation technology